Did you know that tartar is simply plaque that has hardened in your mouth? Unfortunately, dental damage can occur if you try to remove it yourself, so allow a trained dental professional to do it for you. For more information about plaque and tartar buildup, consider the following:
– Plaque buildup is a known contributor to gum disease.
– Tartar buildup can greatly increase your potential for gingivitis, and ultimately severe gum disease.
– If you do not clear away plaque soon enough, it will harden into tartar, which can only be safely detached by visiting your dentist.
– If left unchecked, plaque can end up causing you to lose your teeth.
– Plaque is a sticky film that coats your teeth with a thin layer of debris and bacteria.
– When treating plaque buildup, make an effort to keep your teeth clean by brushing twice daily and flossing once per day.
– Plaque buildup is one of the leading origins of cavities, as bacteria in plaque can transform sugars from foods into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
If you are looking for plaque and tartar removal treatments in Kenmore, Washington, come see Kenmore Dental soon. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael J. Conway, simply call our dentist office at 425-485-0588. With the help of our team and oral health care treatments, the pathway to a clear smile can be yours. Let us get you started on the road to a brighter, whiter smile!