Are you aware that halitosis is another name for foul breath? Even though it may seem like a side effect, halitosis isn’t always caused by consuming smelly foods. In some instances, halitosis is a sign of something much worse, which can include diseases and ailments within the body. Listed below are common causes and symptoms of bad breath:
– Numerous diseases and illnesses cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– If you have an underlying condition such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– If you have dentures that have been contaminated or were not cleaned correctly, it can result in bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eradicate bad breath is with mouthwash.
– Medications can lead to bad breath if they produce dry mouth symptoms.
– Plaque buildup in your mouth can lead to bad breath.
– Bad breath can be caused by poor oral health care including a failure to floss and brush daily.
If you think your bad breath could use a little extra work and you would like to have a professional exam from our team at Kenmore Dental, simply book an appointment with Dr. Michael J. Conway and the rest of our team at our dentist office in Kenmore, Washington, by calling us at 425-485-0588. Stop by, and take the time to focus on your oral health care.